Monday, December 14, 2009

a late night conversation, a dream and a hello.

and i wish
wish wish wish
you were here with me tonight
and i dream
dream dream dream
of my reflection in your sights
for you see
see see see
that would mean that you here
so truly i know
know know know
that there would be something new

i think i'm falling
harder than intended
it isn't wise, or suggested
but i do it regardless
dreams singing screaming
silently reminded me why oh why
i've never let myself get this way
again.

she told him no
with her fake smile
she told him no
said good bye for a while
but that good bye was forever
no matter how hard she tried
good bye to something not intended
and she grew ever more tired

a heat
a heart beat
a smooth sensation of silk on the skin
words of prey
songs of sensation
sliding, sinking
revelling in the reminder of
tomorrows
a lingering know-it-all
in a trio of songs
and a poem

i don't quite understand
nor do i...
intend to
(three times so far, keeping count
goodgoodgood)
because with only four years
and a smile wide for miles
i'm secure in still knowing
that the world can't collapse
since i'm not ready for it to do any such thing

so smile some more for me
sing some more for me
let me pry some more
we may find something
we've both been looking for
or not.
its a chance, a dream
give me that chance
lets give life to this dream

something was lost in the
soulless ness of my eyes
as i was once emptied
i've got a lot of soul to lose,
so he told me,
so he said.
i'm looking for you in my stars
with my might warrior
please, if you can
be there, or else my disappointments
will continue to grow
more and more and more

sleep well,
enjoy it.
employ the intrigue
the mystery
let me mystify you
let me take your attention
...or at least entertain you
if only for a moment
if only for a moment.

circa jan. 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment